It’s National Oyster day dudes! That means you can start your day with a bloody mary and oysters and only some of the people will judge you!
In my personal opinion, your bloody mary can never be too extravagant. If you’re going to drink a cocktail synonymous with hangovers you may as well make it as ridiculous as possible.
I meannn…there are tater tots in this one…
…and legit pizza in this one…
I want to cry, they’re so beautiful [insert overly dramatic crying face emoji]
A n y w a y. I’m here to
get you drunk bring you innovation so here’s a recipe for bloody mary oyster shots.
These could either be amazing or totally awful, you decide.
4 stalks celery tips with their leaves
4 live blue point oysters, in their shells
10 drops Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon cocktail sauce
2 ounce bloody mary mix
2 ounce vodka, divided
1. In a bowl, whisk together the bloody mary mix, cocktail sauce, worcestershire sauce and Tabasco drops.
2. Scrub the oysters under cool running water to remove outer grit. With the oyster flat side up, take a small knife and jab it into the hinge, popping the oyster open. Drain the oyster juice into the bowl with the bloody mary mixture.
3. Scrape the oyster away from the shell where it’s attached.
4. Drop oyster into the bottom of each shot glass.
5. Follow with 1/2 oz vodka into each glass.
6. Evenly divide the bloody mary mixture into each shot glass. Squeeze with fresh lemon juice and garnish with celery tip.
SHOOT THEM DOWN.
We could be onto something here. Hangover cure? Whatever, it’s alcohol.
Bloody Mary’s + Oysters = LOVE