Beer = Delicious
I feel like beer is a cornerstone to my (drinking) life. No matter how many times I stray, I always come back to beer. My one true love.
I discovered that there is such a thing as a beer cocktail over the summer and it has forever changed my idea of what drinking beer can be.
Whoever created the beer mojito deserves a medal.
Made with the Pale Ale of your choice (we prefer Blue Point) this mojito is refreshing, and even more delicious than a mojito sans beer.
Beer Margarita, affectionately known as the Bulldog
If you haven’t had one- get on board. They are a m a z i n g.
- ½ pint of beer (Blue Point…duh)
- ½ pint of hard cider (We love Angry Orchard)
- A dash of blackcurrant syrup (optional)
- Pour the cider first, then the beer, into a pint glass, and top with the syrup (if using).
- For those with a steady hand, try the “back of the spoon” method. Pour the cider into the pint glass, and gently pour the beer over the back of the spoon. This allows the beer to pour down the edge of the glass and rest on top of the cider, forming pretty layers (generally only done with using a stout). Sip and Enjoy!
Lemon Shandy (love)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 4 lemons), plus wedges, for serving (optional) – you can also use lemon Fanta
- 8 mild pilsner beers (12 ounces each)
Place eight 16-ounce glasses or mugs in the freezer.
In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 3/4 cup water over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Refrigerate until cool, at least 10 minutes and up to 1 week.
In a 2-cup liquid measure or small pitcher, combine sugar mixture and lemon juice. Pour 1 beer into each chilled glass; add about 1/4 cup lemon mixture and, if desired, a lemon wedge. Serve immediately.
All great drinks in their own right. I love them all.